My name is Lily Burgess and I am from St. George, Utah! I am currently studying at Brigham Young University Idaho and majoring in Marriage and Family Studies. In the past I 've worked closely with Marriage and Family Therapists and come to really appreciate and admire what they do which lead me to want to learn more about it! I have always loved learning about families and how they can be brought closer together and I am so excited to be learning about that in Family Relations and sharing my thoughts with all of you!
Hey everyone! It’s been a great week of learning up here in Rexburg! The idea I found most interesting was that each member of a family has a role to play. One of the articles I read to prepare for class mentioned four roles kids may play in the family. It was really interesting to me noticing the way some of the characteristics it explained rang very true with my sisters and I, while others didn’t seem to at all. It said the oldest is the “hero” in that this child is generally the caretaker of the rest of the younger siblings and that they tend to do well academically. The second child is the “delinquent”. These children usually have a hard time because the oldest seems to get a lot of attention from the parents, so they seek that attention in different ways from the oldest. The third child is the “invisible child. They try to keep a low profile because they want to lessen the tension within the family as a whole. The fourth child is the “clown”. These children attempt to use hu...
Comments
Post a Comment